- We are a centre left blog and are not affiliated to any political party but are willing to support like minded people in the Green, Labour, Lib Dem, Plaid Cymru and SNP parties, and even some on the left of the Tory party.
- We do not support and actively oppose individual and parties that espouse right wing populism, totalitarianism, racism, sectarianism, bigotry or English (or any other form of) supremeism either expressed overtly or covertly. This includes the right wing of the Tory Party and UKIP.
- We believe in wider participation and electoral reform including PR and that governance and economic wealth in the UK is being increasingly skewed towards the South East of England. New structures are needed to address this.
- We very much regret Brexit and believe the UK will be impoverished Economically, Academically, Culturally and Diplomatically and that Brexit may cause the UK to break up with the loss of Scotland and Northern Ireland. Furthermore the normalisation of anti immigrant and racist rhetoric is a stain on the country, with potentially very unpleasant consequences in the future.
- We believe in society that works for the many not the few, which minimises wealth inequality, maximises education opportunity, delivers health and social care for all and provides decent housing and well-being for all its citizens.
- We believe in society that cherishes all the children of the nation equally, irrespective of race, religion, gender, age or sexual orientation.
- We believe that we hold the Earth in stewardship for future generations and that we have obligation to do what we can to enhance sustainability and combat climate change.
- We believe in a mixed economy where both the private and public sector works in partnership where for example the NHS and rail should be in public ownership and all retail and most manufacturing in private ownership.
- We believe our Society is enhanced by multiculturalism and celebrate diversity, but understand that too little has been done for areas which have been left behind by automation and international free trade over the past four decades.
- We believe in objective truth not dogma and that decisions must be made on the best available evidence. This is of increasing importance as the use of fake news and agnotology is on the rise.
- We believe new economic and social thinking is needed. Neoliberalism which came to prominence in the Thatcher/Reagan era, which puts money and markets before people, has worked for the few not the many and has been in crisis since the 2008 banking crash.
- We believe we are on a journey and there is a need to both educate and be educated, but that radically new economic and structural models are needed.
- We believe in having as close a relationship to our neighbours particularly the EU
We are a progressive movement and know that our ideas need to evolve with the times:
- Step 1 is to provide a forum for ideas. This is here at progressivepulse.org
- Step 2 is to synthesise these ideas into a coherent vision fit for the 21st century
- Step 3 is to develop a movement for the vision
- Step 4 is to promulgate the vision
This blog is published by and copyright of Progressive Pulse Limited, company number 10684315 at:
33 Kingsley Walk
+44 (0) 1353 665405
+44 (0) 777 552 1797